Have a little vision
2007 was a groundbreaking year for me for several reasons: I graduated from college, moved to Los Angeles, and I was introduced to The Secret. All of those things worked together. My sorority sisters and I were all in transition and one of my best friends, Jemier, introduced us to The Secret. We all set aside time to watch it together. It was quite overwhelming at first but the principles have stood with me.
I am a devout Christian and many of the principles line up with what The Secret teaches. One is particular is being visionary. Despite your profession, you have to know where you’re going even before you arrive. I think this is particularly true with artists. The odds are against us as performers. There is always the “WHAT IF” in the back of your mind. You have to have faith in you before anyone else can. Here are a few scriptures that support this idea:
· The entire Chapter of Hebrews 11
· Mark 11: 23 “Truly[a] I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.
· Galations 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
· The entire Chapter of Matthew 6
· 1 Corinthans 2: 5 so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.
It is my best advice for you to make a vision board and put it in a place that you will see it every day when you wake up. It serves as a compass for the rest of your day. I also wrote myself a daily affirmation, with the advice of fellow actress friend, Lisa B. It helps keep my goals and dreams in perspective.
Even if your dreams are wild, you have to make yourself believe them. Seeing is believing. Speak it to yourself every day and it has to come to pass.
New Posts Every Tuesday!