4. Bring the host a gift. Sometimes that person can be difficult to identify, but if you’re going to a party hosted by your agency, bring your agents a gift. It never hurts to stay in good graces with the people who help you.
5. Arrive late and leave early. This trick to this is to be disciplined about making your rounds in a short time. It makes you look desired. You don’t want to be there person holding a drink and waiting for someone to talk to you. Make your catch-ups quick. Invite yourself to others’ conversations and excuse yourself quickly also. You’ll be memorable but not annoying. Hop in a couple of pictures, post and like, and your deal is done. This is also helpful when you have more than one event on the same night!
Now get out there and go party!
2014 has been REAL. This has been one of the best years of my life and I’m excited about going into next year. I hope you feel the same way.
A couple of things I wanted to do this year include expanding my actor resume and writing a book. I took the first goal and infused into the second. I got both, not as much as I wanted, but I decided not to let that keep me from achieving other goals. I surveyed my friends in the industry about what they would like to know about a new industry before they considered moving and I answered every one of them to the best of my ability. For those of you who wonder what my latest book has to offer, The LA Actor Conquers the Atlanta Market, here is a walk through the table of contents:
1. Why do you want to move? (let’s figure out if this is even what you should be doing)
2. Things you need to know before you go… (not that stuff from the skating movie or the reality shows)
3. Real life in the Atl (where to live, the cost of living, how it compares to LA outside the industry stuff)
4. The In-Crowd (who is in it and how you can get in)
5. Hit the Ground Running (where to go, how to get around, the actor hubs, etc)
6. End Notes (tons of resources for the road)
The LA Actor Conquers the Atlanta Market is available now and Amazon and Kindle!
New Posts Every Tuesday!